Strategy driven executive searcher, businessman and strategy consultant.
Christoph von Gamm works as an innovative, entrepreneurial and strategy driven senior executive searcher, businessman, entrepreneur, business development and operational leader with over 20 years of global and pan-European experience that includes successfully turning around performance of large organisations, establishing key functions from scratch, and pioneering major global outsourcing initiatives.
• Track record transforming country teams into integrated global matrix units and closing high profile, multi-million dollar deals.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and win major new business from blue chip clients.
• Possess polished interpersonal skills to develop and maintain profitable client relationships, favourably influence key stakeholders and build and manage high performance teams of up to 500 personnel.
• Created vast network with extensive experience in Germany and abroad in Switzerland (10 years), France, UK and USA.
• Pioneer in Cloud Computing Services, including offshoring, nearshoring and outsourcing.
Business Development • Operational Management • Sales Management • Strategic Planning
Change Management • Corporate Strategy • Digital Transformation • Outsourcing Strategies
Profit & Loss • Organisational Restructuring • Client Relations • Strategic Partnerships
IT Management • Contract Negotiations • Revenue Growth • Cross-Cultural Team Leadership • Financial Services • Manufacturing • Telecommunications • Public Sector
Explore my professional history and get to know the companies I worked at and the roles and responsibilities I've been assigned.
Chief Executive Officer
Provide expert advice to clients across diverse business areas including sales leadership, major deal closures, executive search, technology, outsourcing, cross-cultural transformations, executive coaching and strategic planning. Interface with client management to develop strategic business direction. Manage client projects and drive recruitment activities. Develop and manage internal internet, intranet and website.
• Established a business consultancy and executive search organisation from the ground up.
• Won immediate new business from 2 clients including one of the largest health care insurance companies in Switzerland.
• Orchestrated successful refocus of a government entity through development and implementation of a balanced scorecard.
• Hosted public roundtable meetings with senior politicians on subjects that covered lean government, healthcare and outsourcing.
Visiting Professor (Gastdozent) for Sales and Purchasing Management, Mastercourse on Business Policy and Strategy.
Served as a member of the Swiss leadership team and president of the Capgemini Suisse SA Pension Trust. Performed role of a managing director with oversight for 80 personnel, led a business development team of 30, and directed local and deal teams. Headed sales and business development for outsourcing services for Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Eastern Europe with a focus on applications, infrastructure, IT, and business services. Industry Focus on Financial Services and Manufacturing. Restructured the Swiss leadership team and guided transformation of a country-focused business into a global cloud-driven organisation. Held signing power for Capgemini deals.
• Delivered successful closure of outsourcing deals valued at over CHF20M.
• Mended seriously distressed client relationships and restored the public perception of the Capgemini brand in Switzerland.
• Negotiated and closed a multi-million CHF IT infrastructure outsourcing deal with global Swiss based company, Walter Meier AG, that included cloud computing delivery of desktop services, datacentre services, service desk and application services worldwide via a cloud system.
• Initiated and oversaw relocation of a service centre from Schaffhausen to Zurich and Krakow and established a Tier-3 data centre twin cloud computing complex in Zurich.
• Engineered 40% cost reduction for a large Swiss consultancy company through implementation of best in class Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) strategies that relocated all service desk activities to Poland.
• Guided transformational outsourcing of a Swiss global manufacturing and services company that included consolidation of 9 IT Departments from across the world including Switzerland, USA, Canada, Germany, Hungary, China, Taiwan and France into a single cloud computing entity.
2006-2008 • Business Development Executive Manager, Zurich, Switzerland
Partnered with local teams to develop and close innovative outsourcing and systems integration deals for the European financial services and telecommunications businesses in North East Europe. Supervised key deal makers and teams of up to 50 personnel. Created a sales programme to encourage greater thought diversity in the IBM sales force. Initiated strategy to connect senior leaders overseeing powerful resources with clients to promote understanding and instil confidence in investment of their resources.
• Managed development and successful closure of a deal with a large telecommunications provider valued at over US$200M.
• Performed due diligence and oversaw contract negotiations of an infrastructure ITO deal for a global medical devices company that covered datacentre, desktop, helpdesk, and network.
• Renegotiated and closed an at-risk US$225M deal by working closely with client to create a mechanism of automatic adjustment of both revenue and profit that worked to both IBM’s and client’s advantage.
• Devised and delivered presentation on Advanced New Models of Strategic Outsourcing at the Client Innovation Forum to Global Clients at Research Centre, Switzerland in 2007.
• Created a business plan that strengthened corporate structure for a Swiss banking application vendor through development of a business case for hardware, software, consulting and outsourcing for operations in both Switzerland and globally.
Directed 6 sales managers and oversaw sales teams from the hardware, software, services and consulting business units. Supervised a client executive team of 20 personnel. Held profit & loss oversight for revenue of over US$50M. Led daily operations and development and negotiations of new deals within the Swiss telecommunications industry with clients that included Swisscom, T-Systems (Schweiz), Sunrise, and Orange Switzerland.
• Turned around customer satisfaction ratings from an unacceptable 4 out of 10 to 9.2.
• Boosted year on year revenues by 15% annually.
• Orchestrated successful closure of contracts with Swisscom and T-Systems worth US$150M and US$105M respectively.
• Initiated and led a special project for a mobile service delivery platform that enabled IBM to gain entry into Swisscom Mobile business.
• Headed renegotiations of terms and conditions between a public services company and a US company resulting in establishment of new ground rules leading to double digit revenue growth.
Oversaw hardware and software sales to the Telco and media segment for the European communications sector and managed 150 sales personnel across an international matrix structure. Managed key customer engagements and drove revenue and profit growth. Administered profit & loss for revenue of over US$400M. Established partnership agreements with sector specific software vendors. Travelled extensively to Eastern Europe, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UK, and the USA.
• Turned around troubled business, boosted revenue for Intel level servers by 55% and stabilised mainframe and storage sales in a shrinking dot.com market.
• Increased PC and Laptop business 44% and grew servers business by over 20% in 12 months.
In charge of public relations and internal communciations for ALL European Labs of IBM, from out Böblingen. Managing 8 people directly and assuming functional guidance for further 15 communications experts.
Managed Marketing and PR Budget of up to 5 mln$.
Manage press, analyst relations for IBM Software Group, Developing and Leading Marketing Communications Capaigns for IBM Storage Systems Division, EMEA, Managed a team of marcom specialists, up to 10 Direct reports, up to 25 indirect reports.
Brought Several Big Campaign Homeruns, such as Wall Street Journal Page 1, BILD Page 1, Tagesschau 20h news, just to name a few.
See where I spent time studying and gained knowledge to enrich my professional life.
Dr. phil. - Interkulturelle Wirtschaftskommunikation - The business impact of culture and cultural change in the Global Outsourcing Business
Master of Sales Management
IBM Client Executive Program
MBA - Master of Business Administration
Masters in Information Technology and Software Engineering with a Focus to Business Change
A concise list of some of the most valuable professional skills I possess. My tricks of the trade and what I can bring to the table.
Hear what some of my clients and colleagues have to say about me after working together on various projects throughout my career.
In all sincerity I can say that Christoph is one of the smartest people I have met. His level of energy and creativity are immense and he achieves - breaking through in areas with seemingly great ease where others didn't think success would be possible. Besides his broad experiences, skills and highly ethical behavior, on a personal level he is also a wonderful human being. Christoph can be a high impact player for any company.
Christoph is a great marketing and PR manager. He manages and communicates in an impressive clear and convincing style. Working with him was always a great pleasure and with his clear business visions he supported the success of his organization
I worked with Christoph during his time as a Communications Manager at the IBM software group. He is one of the best PR managers I ever worked with. He was able to set up interviews with top IBM management on short notice, he has hosted many tours of many IBM conferences and lab visits for us. Last but not least, he was fun to work with.
Christoph did provide new fresh ideas on how to reduce costs and improve the effectiveness of our claims organisation at SWICA. Leveraging his plans can bring an organisation to a new level. His broad thinking across borders and by analyzing into the detail of a situation is a true combination of success for a client."
I had the privilege of a few encounters with Christoph when he was advising SBB. His sharp intellect paired with his empathy particularly impressed me and colleagues on numerous occasions. His outstanding ability to connect the different dots leads to great win-win situations. If you ever had the chance of a conversation with him, seize it. It will be an inspiring and intellectually stimulatin experience, for sure.
Christoph has managed new challanges in an excellent way. Hi has a lot of experience to develop new strategies and generates new creative ideas in compplex situations.
I had the pleasure of working with Christoph when he was responsible for all PR, press and communications activities at IBM Software in Central Europe.
Christoph impressed me as an excellent communicator and networker with deep business insight. He consistently articulated the right messages adapting them to the individual audiences.
Due to his convincing attitude he was able to get IBM Software the right share of voice in the media, and bring IBM executives in touch with key people in the media.
And Christoph is fun to work with !
„I learned to get to know Christoph von Gamm through various regular meetings and insightful discussions. He is a great personality who has embarked on a new career as an independent entrepreneur in the Executive Search and Consulting Business. I wish him much luck and success and look forward to continuing the business relationship with him”
Christoph was responsible for communication during the time that we worked together. He worked in time, targeted the right person to get the maximum result for the company's benefit. Most important: Even in stressful situations he was in control.
As a colleague we worked together well, sharing the right information was key. His capabilities to work together and to motivate people are outstanding. A perfect communicator with an excellent sense for the right thing to do atthe right time.
I definîtly would like to work with him again.
Dr. Christoph von Gamm enthusiasm and dedication at work is tremendously impressive.
I enjoyed working with Christoph in a variety of roles within IBM. A professional, thoughtful and very reliable leader in our business.
Christoph did manage the press relations for our newly established IBM Software Group Business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland as his first job after university from 1995 to 1997. He brought in his rich contact network and an intimate knowledge of both the business and technology. I know him as a passionate and driving person, who helped us grow our reputation in the market significantly.
I remember Christoph as a thoughtful colleague with a strategic mind.It has been a quite some time since we worked together, but I am sure Christoph's leadership skills and entrepreneurial capabilities have only grown, as can be seen from his consultative engagements.
Christoph is a highly creative and resourceful individual. He has great communication skills, he is an astute observer and has a highly analytical mind. I always enjoy my interactions with him as I learn something new and interesting every time we speak.
I know Christoph von Gamm now for years and was working with him on different projects and roles. Christoph is a open minded person with excellent business ideas and connections.. He always executed his ideas to a successful business. He is a excellent team player and trusted person. He supported always my business. I wish him all the best for his future carrier.
It was a pleasure for me to work with Christoph on business development for Capgemini Infrastructure Services and IT Outsourcing Services in Switzerland. Together we boosted our brand awareness and accelerated our access to CxO Level at corporates in CH regarding new logo sales.
Ich habe mit Dr. Christoph Ph. von Gamm in großen IT-Outsourcing-Projekten zusammengearbeitet, in denen er die Anbieterseite vertreten hat. In seiner Funktion habe ich ihn als äußerst flexible, innovative und lösungsorientierte Persönlichkeit kennen gelernt. Seine Zuverlässigkeit war sprichwörtlich und sein Einsatzwille außergewöhnlich. Immer bereit neue Wege zu überdenken haben wir eine sehr effiziente und angenehme Zusammenarbeit etablieren können.
Christoph is very creative in finding the right approach for a client, which results in good business opportunities. He is enthusiastic and does not give up once he identified an opportunity. I really enjoyed working with Christoph.
I first met Christoph when he was working for Capgemini as a Sales Director for the Swiss market and asked me to search a proposal manager. He is a really hard working business and people leader. His rain- and deal-making capabilities are extraordinary and contributed decisively to his employers positioning in the marketplace. With his deep insight into strategic outsourcing and into different business sectors he contributes to refocussing his clients' organisations.
Christoph is a passionate salesman with a very high level of professionalism. Excellent relationship builder at any level in an organisation and equpped with a good sense of psycological understanding of the people around him. He also has a deep understanding of the IT-industry's drivers and challenges.
Christoph is a creative, focused and persistant Sales Person. Understand the complexity of today's Clients and is experienced in dealing with Top Management
I worked with Christoph in Capgemini as a colleage and later was his Sales VP for a while. What I definitely appreciate is his noes for deals and his enthousiasm for clients and the stamina he has to push through deals through an ever risk-averse organization and then lastly succeeds. Besides, he is quite a good golfer, I really liked his golf Cups he arranged for his clients and business partners.
while working with Christoph for a joint customer in Europe I enjoyed his proffesionalism approach as well as his dedication to getting the task completed in a win-win approach for the customer, his company as well as for his partners.
It was always a great pleasure to work with Dr. von Gamm. I don't know many Individuals in the Business who are so engaged to achieve the best possible solution for their clients and thrive success forward. I would not hesitate to work with Dr. von Gamm again. Thank you for a great partnership!
Christoph's drive, apetite and knowledge for business was a strong contributor to SVCT. His personal involvement and dedication combined with a friendly and fun touch to it made our time together a joyous one and I'd appreciate to get the opportunity to work together again in the future.
Cristoph is a very dedicated and focused business developer who went far beyond the extra mile to prepare a comprehensive IT outsourcing proposal. He excels at paying attention to client requirements and bring proactive solutions to the table. I wish him all success in future deals and can recommend him as a top dealmaker!
Christoph and I have been working on European wide projects in Banking. His business knowledge and foresight are amongst the best ones I have seen inside IBM. I have seen him leading sales and making contracts where others even did not think of going there. His both technical and business background helps him combine things others often don't see... Christoph has the unique capability to combine business and technology to the client's benefit. I'd appreciate at any time working together with Christoph, again"...
Christoph is very dedicated in the field he works with and has always helped with constructive problem solving solutions including having a positive mind set. I know Christoph through work in setting up an association.
I worked with Christoph von Gamm on a challenging tender in Central Europe. His professional ability to understand what clients and third party vendors needs, led us into a successful project. I liked as well his handshake quality what makes him a reliable business partner in all stages of business. I will work with at any time at any place.
Christoph has demonstrated great spirit and well reflected workresults as a Key Account Manager for Swisscom on behalf of IBM. His attitude has always been to be percieved as a business partner understanding the challenges of his counterparts.
Christoph was covering the Swisscom Account and leveraging the IBM organisation on behalf of Swisscom.
Christoph is a highly knowledgeable and professional ICT executive with deep knowledge and understanding of the Financial Services Industry. His creative thinking benefits both the company and many customers. I enjoy working with him.
Get in touch with me if you would like to do business together, share an idea or just say hello.